Saturday, October 29, 2005

time out

How nice to spend a night with Leor in and around Jerusalem tonight. I am taking a break from olives, washing clothes and such. Oh, the thick and bumping crowds around the Damascus gate! Oh, the warm and wonderful smell of meat from a resturant serving Jerusalmic mix. Oh, the silent laneways smelling strongly of flowers overlooking the old city from the west. It's everything I need, all day my brain has been twisted and my heart sunken, but this, all of this, is the perfect break I needed.

Thankyou Leor.

While here, I very much encourage you to visit the websites of a number of other activists and photographers who are also staying at the hostel I am at:

http://www.robnugen.com : Rob is a wonderful man, both calm and clever. His blog is something I enjoy a lot.
http://www.lightstalker.com/jasonmoore : British photographer, Jason, who has been taking photos at pretty much the same places I've been going: Bil'in, Qawawis, etc. Please look at these because they are pretty beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment