Friday, June 23, 2006


Children at home and abroad.

I have just written the longest blog entry I have ever written. It was about trying to watch the Australia-Croatia game here in Bogota, about the transport system, about my insecurities, about my continuous jetlag and about the crazy dreams I have been having, including one in which Australian socceroos coach Guus Hiddink was attacked, on field, by a guide dog which ravaged his right ankle.

I had just finished it, and tried to use the backspace bar to erase one letter and for some reason it erased the whole thing. I had been writing for one hour and a half and it was a good entry, I think. My efforts to get it back were fruitless.

I must go now, but I'll end this heartbreaking entry by saying that I will not, after all, have internet access at the camp, which begins next week. As a result, don't expect too much from this motherfucking blog.

You are, however, warmly invited to send, by email (standardlinedelivery@gmail.com) your own fictional accounts of what you imagine I might be up to, at the camp, or just freely wandering the verdant forests of Colombia. All submissions will be published.

Excuse me while I go stand in front of a bus.

1 comment:

  1. oh chris... you poor sob. Do not despair because, and i feel quite confident in speaking for all other other standardlinedeliverysystemblogreadingfans (male/female) out there, even this minute little post recounting your other post is a true delight! While i keep myself busy here in the cutest little town in the Netherlands on my quest for love, lust and good music, you hold on there amidst the remnants of anarchic latin america!

    take care
    x

    ReplyDelete