Sunday, April 30, 2006

What Good Looking People Look Like

I realise this bunch of photos are likely not so interesting to most outside of CISV. This, however, is about as accurate a representation of my time in and around Manilla as you could get. Basically, you understand, the entire purpose and pleasure of my trip to the Philippines came down to the people I was with for the two weeks. There were slightly over a hundred of us at APRW and JASPARC, but when you count people at the Mosaic workshop too, and all the Philippines chapter people I met outside of the two workshops combined, I probably met and spent time with about 150 new, extremely quality people in the two weeks that I was there. Here is a tiny sample of the 800 or so photos I took of faces and crowds, mostly during some of the many (many) photo snapping sessions we in the Asia Pacific region are becoming more than famous for ...



Anna, JP and I. These two were on my 2002 village in Norway when they were 11. Such a massive delight to see them again.

with Anna.

with JP.

Kat with a bubble.

with Rica.

Hana (Egypt) and Ica (Philippines)

with Astrid (Denmark)

with Shinpei (Japan)

Marika (Japan)

with Mitzi.


Jollibee Number One Fanclub: Yasumi, me, Yumin.

with Bebbe (Sweden)

Pilar guesses How Many Choconuts.


Randii and J.A. sing karaoke.

Hana and Tiiram take the mic.

the handsome Juanca (Colombia), surrounded by admiring Filipina women

with Donna.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:50 am

    Chris, how old is Juanca? I went to village with a Colombian Juanca...oh cisv. weird, sometimes I forget that that's how I met you. did you get my email? We be hungry for you over in this part of the world.

    -eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:56 pm

    actually, I was thinking about it and I'm totally wrong. The boy at my village was Juan Fe. I think I have met a Juanca at some point, because it sounds familiar, but who knows. WHO KNOWS, CHRIS, WHO KNOWS? sorry for the confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:53 pm

    happened to find your blog, Chris!
    how are you?
    hope you're not getting irritate about your customer, bookstore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:02 pm

    shall i take offense that i am not in this gallery with such a heading? :-) hey stokes, drop me an email. i want to tell you something funny. and i dont have the directory! ironically, i'm the one who livs in the host country.

    - miss measles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:57 pm

    love it..i absolutely love it...great to know i have made such an impression on you to put my face in your blog. love it chris!

    You still owe me for that bet. :-p

    And you're right, i am still very hawt and talking with elongated vowels..haha

    coolnesssss!

    kisses,
    Rica

    ReplyDelete